 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1434
Re: Technic Box #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 04:00:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

1 black 3.5 foot electric cord with 2x2 conductive plates on ends

I snipped most of Chris's post. He raises some good questions, makes some good
points, but I gotta ask this, is it good/fair/appropriate to add the above
item? That is a 15 dollar item, IIRC.

It raises the value of the box to anyone substantially, but the idea was to
put stuff in that you knew was worth more to others than it was to you, and
take stuff out that you thought would be worth less to others than it was to
you. Putting that item in is about like putting a 10 and a 5 dollar bill in.
It's worth about the same to anyone.

I'm not trying to fault Chris! I think putting that in there is admirable. But
it kind of begs a question of worth in my mind.

This whole thing was started as a social experiment... Todd kicked in the
initial stuff, I did the initial divvy and send it out to the first person on
various lists.

Is it time to call the experiment off?

I know I'm done, anyway. At this point it's mostly my kids who take stuff from
the boxes and mostly when they seem something good I say, "never mind, I will
just give you some of those from my stock". So that's why I said just skip me
going forward. That and the time. Any box that hit here now would probably be
in for a 4 week wait.

++Lar