 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9314
Re: Mike's Brickbay shop - new inventory added
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:58:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ran Talbott writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:

This URL may be helpful for those new to
Paypal or those who have never done what Paypal calls an "eCheck" payment:

http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/paypal.html

Then again,  it may not:  the info there is incorrect.  "Instant eCheck"
payments aren't "credit card" payments.  They're bank account debits that are
sent instantly because they're secured by a hold on the sender's credit card
until the "add funds" transaction goes through.  Check any of the payments >I've
sent you:  ever since I got "verified",  it's the only method of payment I've
used.  And my transaction logs show the source of funds as "Non Credit Card".

It does look like the screen shots are out of date now, since I just
rechecked the site, but they were current as of a day or two ago.

Paypal used to define Instant eCheck as "credit card" - meaning the sucked
the money from a CC.  They defined eCheck as you describe - pulled from your
bank account (which they SAY takes four days but really doesn't, but I guess
they have to make their money somehow) while secured with a "hold" on your
cc.  I assume that the hold could turn into a charge if for some reason the
bank account thing didn't work.

I'll be revamping the page with the new screenshots, although now I think it
ought to be painfully obvious how to send NON credit card payments.  Before
the credit card payments were the default unless you clicked on another tab.