 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7123
Re: BrickBay Shop Open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 17:15:07 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

"Toki Barron" <a1a1@imap.pitt.edu> wrote in message
news:397A4B7C.7901DD31@imap.pitt.edu...
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Huh...That's very interesting.  Until Larry pointed it out, I just assumed • that
the reason the inventory was not all listed was Mike had not had time to • update
it.  To be honest, if I just visted BrickBay.com and saw an item with a • quantity
of 1, I doubt I would buy it and I really doubt I would take the time to • e-mail
the owner of the shop.  The whole convienience of the BrickBay.com stores • is I
don't have to e-mail the person, I can just fill up a shopping cart, pay, • and wait
for my order to arrive.

Toki

Most items are listed as quantity one because I know I have at least one.  I
need to go out in my garage and pull down three or four boxes and do an
accurate inventory.  I had hoped to do it tonight but didn't get to it so it
will probably be tomorrow.  I see a huge benefit (to me) to use BrickBay as
my real inventory so I don't have to go dig through a bunch of boxes in my
garage.  Not having to do that is definitely worth the 2% commission to me.
I'm just not there yet.

Ok, I thought that was the reason.  I didn't mean to accuse you of trying to
circumvent the 2% commission, and I thought you meant that you were in the
process of counting your inventory until Larry's message seemed to imply
otherwise.

Toki