 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7114
Re: BrickBay Shop Open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:01:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Toki Barron writes:

The whole convienience of the BrickBay.com stores is I
don't have to e-mail the person, I can just fill up a shopping cart,
pay, and wait for my order to arrive.

Well, I'm not sure it's THAT convenient, not yet anyway. I never pay till I
hear from the seller that he or she has got what I want (I often initiate the
conversation by forwarding the mail BrickBay sends me), as it's possible that
someone is out of stock, BrickBay doesn't reserve stock that is in shopping
carts and I have hit the "add" button more than once on the same lot once or
twice... that means I would pay for more than could be fulfilled.

But yes, it's way more convenient than manual methods.

Another point is that I didn't mean to impugne Mike Walsh who is a great
trader and I am sure has no desire to see Dan not get paid, I just used his
post as a place to jump into what I wanted to say.

I have done many trades with Mike, and while he has gotten the best of me on a
trade (which doesn't happen often, I'm a pretty sharp trader) he made it up to
me and his stuff is always as good or (usually) better than described.

++Lar