 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7115
Re: BrickBay Shop Open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:23:23 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:Fy4KnH.9Bv@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Walsh writes:
This evening I opened up a shop on BrickBay:

http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=mpw

Feel free to take a look around.  I am still tweaking inventory and • pricing.
Many items show quantity "1".  In most cases, I have multiples of each • set.
If you see something you want with quantity zero, contact me, I may have
more.  There are a few goodies to be found (e.g. 1831, lots of smaller • sets
that are either hard to find or were picked up while I was in Sweden) but
for the most part my stock is fairly recent (97, 98, 99).

Thanks,

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

While i think your flexibility is great, I would advocate that people use
Brickbay as intended! Add the right amount of inventory to represent what • you
have, and pay the 2% commission. The site is a fantastic piece of work and • is
getting better every day as Dan codes his brains out.

I've been encouraging people to not contact me directly. Maybe I should • pull
all the bogusly high priced sets off and leave just my MTW inventory • (which is
growing...)

I expect to get my inventory accurate over the course of the weekend and
plan on eliminating my BST page and only use BrickBay.   I'll probably keep
my wanted list but eliminate my available sets list.

I think what Dan has done is a tremendous service to our community.  I have
no intention of trying to get around Dan's commission fee.  He and I have
been swapping some e-mail about how to handle trades.  IMHO - If I trade
something based on my BrickBay store, Dan should get commission based on the
price I listed the item(s) for sale.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com