 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6560
  Wanted: Garage Doors

Greetings! I'm looking for at least three sets of garage doors and frames. Specifically, the roll up kind like in 6382 and 6384. I want complete doors, and all of the frame pieces. I can buy, or I can trade. I'm working on a tradable parts list, but (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

Goooooood luck. You'll probably need to hit Ebay and pay ridiculous prices like the rest of us (or buy the sets off of Ebay just for the doors like I've done many a time). I post my Garage Door Wants page here every once in a while, and VERY rarely (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

Yah! I expected as much. It never hurts to ask... :-) (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

(...) Which garage doors are so sought after? Are the doors in this set: (URL) any value? Toki (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

If you look at my Garage Door page, you'll see that yes, 6391 is one of the sets listed there. Actually, I also like the yellow sliding doors with blue rails out of 6391 too. And the yellow door with bars on it. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

I have a few middle garage door slats--3 red and 2 trans-light-blue to be precise-that I would happily trade for the right offer. Problem is, I think most of the stuff I'm after right now is either very old/rare (e.g., printed bricks from 122 and (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

(...) -What is the going rate for garage doors? (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

A set of two complete doors with red beams, trans-lt-blue middle slats, and white bottom slats went for $52 on ebay the other day. I wouldn't pay that much. Though I might pay half that.... - Greg (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

(...) That's crazy! For that price I'd just wait and get the set when it comes up again...the going rate for it is about the same. Will Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services www.crosswinds.net/~hokie (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

Will, That assumes that it will ever come up again. We can all hope... Actually, I was looking at this last night. I went through and found all of the sets that contain whole doors and mapped the years they were available. Based on the data from Tom (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

Of course, the door bricks with vertical slot got adapted into a design of a piece for use as the constraint and support for a raisable and lowerable vertical grille piece in 6090. I wonder if we'll ever see the emergence of those pieces into town (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Garage Doors

The going rate seems to be $20-25 per door. I personally will NOT pay that, unless someone builds me a door using black 1x14s, black/yellow 1x2s, and red/black/yellow slats ;-) And I probably still wouldn't pay that for it. I mainly need to trade (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)