 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5651
Re: WTB/WTT: Blue 3x3 corner low-slopes from 3053 Emperor's Stronghold
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:39:00 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Ah yes, the low sloped corner bricks, highly desireable in any color, rare in black,
scarce in red and blue, and very very rare in yellow.  Only came in one set in
yellow that I am aware of.  That would be the 7740 Intercity Train (1980's), which
had 4 yellow corners for the locomotive roof.  For some weird reason, the yellow
corner slopes (of any angle) are extremely rare.  The steep slope corner only ever
came in the Yellow Castle (375/6075), and the regular slope corner I believe only
ever came one of the pirate ships and the (4121) dark pink plastic case Paradisa
type basic set.

Blue only came in 3053, right?  (Granted, it's still available, which automatically
makes it "more common")

I don't think they ever made low sloped corners in white, gray or any other color,
but I could be wrong.

Not for retail, IIRC--but the prototype pictures for 7130 (Snowspeeder) made me cry,
because there on the nose, on either side of the ex-low-slope glacis, was a 3x3 corner
in *grey*.  Argh!

best

Lindsay