 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5625
Re: WTB/WTT: Blue 3x3 corner low-slopes from 3053 Emperor's Stronghold
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:02:52 GMT

I am sorry, but I believe that the corner pieces in R2's foot are 45'
slopes.

Mike

steve <sp_888@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FstKDI.612@lugnet.com...
The white low corner slopes comes in the Mindstorms Droid Development kit • 9748
which has 4 of them.

The R2-D2 contest at Target uses something like 28 of them for the feet. • (too
bad its glued together and you have to win one)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gary R. Istok writes:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Tom Stangl wrote:

Yeah, 3x3 low black corners are pretty darn rare - Twisted Time Train • has
2,
6598 has 2, not sure what other sets.  But the Dacta roof pack has • tons in
red.

I'll trade red for black if someone wants to give up their black ;-)

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Lindsay Braun wrote:
I will pay $1.75 per slope, and I need up to eight.  Alternately, • I
will
trade red 3x3 corner-low-slopes away at 2 red : 3 blue.  I will • accept
black, but will only pay $1.25 for those or trade at 2 red : 4 • black.
Other trades are possible; just tell me what you need, and I'll • tell
you
if I have it.

Linsday, are your trade quantities here the right way round? Red • low
slope corners are way more easily available in quantity (read: • Dacta low
slope roof bricks pack) than eitehr blue or black.

Kevin

Sorry, for some reason the DACTA availability just didn't cross my • radar
screen.  D'oh!  I got my red ones in sets, so I was going with that • value.
So I
guess I'll just hang on to my low-slopes--but I do have a lot of other • things to
trade for blue or black, and I will value very highly (much more highly • than
it
seems knowing now how rife the world is with red corners).

best

LFB

Ah yes, the low sloped corner bricks, highly desireable in any color, • rare in
black,
scarce in red and blue, and very very rare in yellow.  Only came in one • set in
yellow that I am aware of.  That would be the 7740 Intercity Train • (1980's),
which
had 4 yellow corners for the locomotive roof.  For some weird reason, the • yellow
corner slopes (of any angle) are extremely rare.  The steep slope corner • only
ever
came in the Yellow Castle (375/6075), and the regular slope corner I • believe
only
ever came one of the pirate ships and the (4121) dark pink plastic case • Paradisa
type basic set.

I don't think they ever made low sloped corners in white, gray or any • other
color,
but I could be wrong.

Gary Istok