 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 53
Re: Q:International Shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 19:50:02 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
Chris Moseley writes:
I'm thinking of getting it
shipped to Larry instead and using the savings to buy a return air ticket.

Moz, how would this work? Have me build your winnings into a huge robot with an
RCX brick and have HIM get on the airplane?? :-)

That would be a truly awesome programming feat :)

The latest display model from TLG that I've seen is a guitar player. Which looks
quite cool and is mostly Technic. But the mechanism is totally non-Lego - there
are lots of metal push-rods to make it all move. I was disappointed. So perhaps
just a robot frame covered in Lego parts.

Or are you thinking of actually coming to see me?

Well, that had crossed my mind. I'm trying to save up for a trip to Canada over
(our) summer, so the idea of visiting some of the more notorious Lego habitats in
the US is quite attractive. Especially if it meant I could get my Auczilla winnings
early :)

Hmm, thinking of the musicians that travel with their instruments, I wonder the
economics of 200 lbs of extra baggage compared to an extra ticket. Because the
hard part of saving is all the shopping money required...

Moz