 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4403
Re: Wanted - Holland / Dutch World Cup Soccer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:49:49 GMT

I think the weirdest thing about the Holland sets are that no one seems to know
about them or even makes a sound. You can see the British, Scottish and German
sets on eBay, but no one seems to even want to "admit" that they have a Dutch
set, let alone consider selling it. You'd imagine that for a country as big and
famous as Holland, and with a big promotion with Shell, it shouldn't be THAT
hard trying to locate these sets. I almost feel like I'm looking for THE rarest
pieces that Lego has ever produced...when in fact I'm sure they were available
in mass quantities because they were available from all shell petrol outlets.
Oh well...the search continues :(
Gavin

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Idy Yiu writes:
me too was looking for the Dutch soccer set, but it seems that most of the
auctions on ebay were English or German sets.  me and my boyfriend  are both
fans of the Dutch team so I hope I could get one.

Idy

Gavin Hall <gavinhall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I am extremely interested in buying the 1998 World Cup soccer sets that • were
sold only in Europe. The ones I need in particular are the Dutch Starter • set
and the Dutch soccer player (#3304). These sets were sold in conjunction • with a
Shell promotion in Holland. Please email gavinhall@h