 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4469
Re: Wanted - Holland / Dutch World Cup Soccer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:03:19 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gavin Hall wrote:

I think the weirdest thing about the Holland sets are that no one seems to know
about them or even makes a sound. You can see the British, Scottish and German
sets on eBay, but no one seems to even want to "admit" that they have a Dutch
set, let alone consider selling it. You'd imagine that for a country as big and
famous as Holland, and with a big promotion with Shell, it shouldn't be THAT
hard trying to locate these sets. I almost feel like I'm looking for THE rarest
pieces that Lego has ever produced...when in fact I'm sure they were available
in mass quantities because they were available from all shell petrol outlets.
Oh well...the search continues :(

Two words: orange torsos

SW torsos are orange - a little work with an eraser, and.... ;-)

That's what I'm going to do, anyways.  Erase just parts of the markings, and I'll
have some nice race crews.