 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4263
Re: Trees...~\o I think that I shall never seeEEeee... ~\o
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 02:06:15 GMT

I am probably interested in some of your parts, I'll have to look at the
set to see what all is in it.  If I remember the set correctly you can take
the
following parts and make a "poor-man's" hopper car (or at least the
top half of it).  You would need the undercarriage from something
like the crane car set (3850?) to finish it.

The top of the frame is made up of two of the tan trap door pieces.
The "trap door" dangles at an angle to make the ends of the hopper.
Six of the 3x4 tan thin walls make up the sides of the car, "hollow"
facing outwards, towards the outside of the car.  Separate the three
thin walls on each side, with two stacks of tan 1x1's (3 high).
That is, alternate wall-stack-wall-stack-wall down each side.

Slap the whole assembly onto a 6x18 plate with wheels and couplings...
instant hopper.  Of course it doesn't compare well with Larry's, but the
piece count is a tad lower.  :?)

I realize this description is rather vague, if there is any interest, I can
post some pics somewhere.  If I have any extra cars, I would be interested
in buying the parts mentioned.  Also some palm tree segments, tan 4x12's
and etc. I'll get back to you.

:?) bishop

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <3886A5EE.14E0A320@pilot.msu.edu>...

Hello everyone,

I just got a bunch of Oasis Ambush sets and, frankly, the palm trees are
getting a bit too populous for me (both in terms of things that live in
them--the monkeys have a new home--and in numbers).  Perhaps someone
with a strong Lorax complex can help me out here...

I'm going to sell them at $1.40 each plus shipping for the
5-segment-plus-base (including 2x2 green round plate and 1x1 green
cylinder atop) small-frond ones; I have a maximum of 30 to get rid of
right now (but I may discover more).  Ask me about additional segments
and large fronds, because I have those in smaller numbers.  I'm also
looking to get rid of some of the other pieces, so if you have any
specific "wants," let me know and we'll work out a price and/or trade
(for example, I'll happily trade two tan 1x4x3 thinwalls for three 1x2x3
grey thinwalls).  I'll be swimming in Jackal God bits (ewww) and tan
4x12 plates, and there are other things, like money, that I need.

best,

Lindsay