 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3494
Re: How much are tudor walls worth?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:07:47 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Doyle G. Nelson writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Davidson writes:
I noticed that a recent set of 12 yellow tudor walls went for $120 on eBay.
Is that actual value these days, or was that an anomalous bidding war?

At any rate, I'm curious, in case I want to sell mine in the future.

Thanks...

Thats the going rate and actually they are worth more maybe around $15 each.
they would make them again and they come in only 2 sets of high cost :)

Yep, the yellow tudors came in 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress (had 1) and 6086
Black Knight's Castle (had 2). Then there's the red ones, which came in 6067
Guarded Inn (1 wall, 2 corners)...

Black Knight's castle usually goes for around $150-$200 (but recently it's gone
for a bit more on Ebay, and even more for an MISB on Serious Collector)
Black Falcon's Fortress is a bit cheaper going usually for $50-$80 (that's a
rough guess from what I've seen)
And the Guarded Inn goes for silly amounts... usually $75-$200...

So what are they worth? Who knows... but I don't think $10 per piece is really
that outrageous... I have yet to really use them in any buildings because
they're a little too oddly colored. Now if they had them in WHITE... or even
light grey.... But SOME people obviously love 'em... as also noted from the
fact that the Guarded Inn that's on auction right now with the walls missing is
going for around $50 or so... Hence I'd say these walls are highly prized!

DaveE