 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2042
  Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

I have a proposal for a new website for everyone here, and am hoping to get feedback on wether there would be a demand for such a service among Lego builders. What I am proposing is a web site that would sell individual Logo pieces in quantity and (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

Troy, not to burst your bubble, but you will not be able to buy from Lego to sell online unless you fulfill ALL of the following: Have 30+ RETAIL OUTLETS Sell in all three Distribution areas (West, North and South) i.e. be Nationwide Carry a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

I have not really been following lego news. Did I read that right, bulk tubs (like the current purple one) are being discontinued? Where/when was this announced? Steve (...) Nationwide (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

Troy... Interestingly enough there was (is?) a company that did something similar not too long ago. RTL-Bricks (by Jason Mantor I believe) used to sell bricks via a website. I say used to because I am no longer able to find the site (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

(...) As someone who does this on a much smaller scale than you're dreaming of, all I can say is good luck. Good luck and I hope you plan on making it your full-time job - because that's what it'll have to be if you want to do even half what you (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

(...) Yep, they did, and the prices for the most part sucked. Not that it wasn't an admirable effort. (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

(...) Hi Troy and all of you, A while ago, I was looking for specifics part on line and I found the web site of Jon Kozan "baylit" ((URL) place few order and he alway's got what I was looking for. The price is a bit higher compare to S@H but you get (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

Mike, Thanks for the info. This was just the kind of information that I was looking for. It looks like I may have to go the route of purchasing in bulk from another retailer, which really wouldn't bother me. I kinda figured that there might be (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

Yep, they did, and the prices for the most part sucked. (...) Does anyone know/remember what the pricing was set at? It would be nice to know so that I don't price myself right out of the market to begin with! Not that I was expecting to make a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

(...) Well, if/when i sell my current business, i will be looking for a new job! <grin> (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity

(...) Pricing is very tricky. I've had a few sales, and I'm getting ready to launch another one sometime in August. I price based on averages of current auctions, for this sale that would be AucZILLA X and MA11. That's not as easy as it sounds (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)