 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2057
Re: Proposal for website to sell individual Lego parts in quantity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:40:53 GMT

Troy Cefaratti wrote:

Yep, they did, and the prices for the most part sucked.

Not that it wasn't an admirable effort.

Does anyone know/remember what the pricing was set at?  It would be nice to
know so that I don't price myself right out of the market to begin with!

Pricing is very tricky. I've had a few sales, and I'm getting ready to
launch
another one sometime in August. I price based on averages of current
auctions,
for this sale that would be AucZILLA X and MA11. That's not as easy as
it sounds
because sometimes the prices aren't even close. For example: 4 1x3 white
slopes
went for $6.00 in "X", 13 1x3 white slopes went for $1.47 in MA11.

I don't feel comfortable placing prices on pieces, that's why I like
auctions,
let the market set the price. Unfortunately, I don't have it together
enough
to run an auction, so I'm sticking with sales for now. I do get many
thanks
for running sales.

Julie

Not that I was expecting to make a fortune, but they would need to be priced
with enough margin to cover the overhead of the site and the transaction
processing.