 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17546 (-20)
  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) [snip] Hah, and here was me using a 12V Lego train transformer to run my 9V trains ;-) Using a suitable adapter wire of course. But that was 220V, so I left it in the UK. I'm not sure of the rating of those transformers, but I think it was a (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) Here's a couple of useful power supplies. They work on US line voltage or from 100V AC up to 240V AC. For unmodified train controllers: (URL) You should get close to the maximum amount out of you controller, but the controller well overheat if (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) True, but you still have to upgrade the diodes, capacitor and the power supply. As well as adding more heat sinking ability. And the 3 amp version of a LM350 can swap right into the original socket of the LM317, and still provide full (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) I am not sure if it would work, but it may be possible to use a power transistor to increase the amps. The heat sink will need to be upgraded to a larger size, and a fan will definitely need to be installed to compensate for not just the (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) The main component that is limiting current in a standard train controller is the transformer (wall wart). The supplied transformer form LEGO has varied between 500ma to 850ma .5Amp and .85Amp respectively. That's continuous duty. You can pull (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) One of the big modifications I do is install a fan pointed directly at the source of the heat but the neat thing is the speed of that fan adjusts to the power setting of the controller while always spinning the correct way. I am also going to (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) Hi Ondrew, More power sounds nice, but I'd be even more interested in a controller than can run high-load trains all day (such as at a show) without running hot. It sounds like you're advertising this benefit as well, so I might be interested. (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) As someone who has built some heavy locomotives I would be interested. What are the main advantages of uping the amps? Cale (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

Hey all, I have been looking for new ways to help out the community much like I do with my custom track and I was wondering if there may be some interest in high amp train controllers much like the ones some train clubs all ready use. A stock Lego (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Classic Space sets SOLD. Model Team for trade(Chicago area)

The Space sets have been sold. (thanks everyone for your response) We do have several vintage Model Team available for trade still. All are built (99.9% complete) and come with original instructions. No boxes. The hard to find 5571 Semi. This beauty (...) (17 years ago, 2-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is available for download!

Hi all, The next digital issue of BrickJournal (renumbered to reflect going to print) is available for purchase ($3.95) (URL) Articles include: Event reports from Northwest Brickcon Event report from LEGO World Spotlight on Stephan Sander Spotlight (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Custom Microscale sets from 1976 Lego lineup available

Visit my Bricklink store at: (URL) To buy custom (MOC) microscale versions of classic Lego sets: 550 Windmill 555 Hospital 580 Brick Yard 725 Freight Train Thanks. -- Thomas Main (17 years ago, 26-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Swap Model Team for Star Wars Lego

Hello We have a few vintage Model Team sets that we would like to work out a trade for a Star Wars Millenium Falcon & minifigures. All of our sets are built with original instructions and 99.9% complete. (may be missing a small piece or sticker) (...) (17 years ago, 24-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Classic Space sets for sale. (Chicago area)

Hello! We have a nice assortment of Classic Space Lego sets for sale. This is a pretty good idea as to the set numbers included....... 6842,6861,6872,6880(...6972,2151, 2154,1580,6886,6951,...6808,6854, 6877,6815,6803,6809,1498, (...) (17 years ago, 24-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: A very large estate brick collection

(...) Dan Brown www.brickmuseum.net (17 years ago, 24-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: A very large estate brick collection

(...) Dan Brown www.brickmuseum.net (17 years ago, 24-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  One pile o' announcements from BrickJournal

Hi all, BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is being printed right now, and is on target for shipping the last week of this month. There's been a lot that has gone on during the preparation time, so here's a release of sorts: A Chat with Jørgen Vig (...) (17 years ago, 9-Feb-08, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  A very large estate brick collection

Posting in Marketplace 'cause it really is selling bricks, but this is a complete 'not for profit' by me--I'm just trying to help someone. - - - I was recently put in contact with a Diane who lives in the Greater Toronto Area. Her husband passed (...) (17 years ago, 7-Feb-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wanted: Brickmaster Legoland CA kids' tickets

(...) Are you taking the fam to Mecca 3.0??? Wanna adopt me? JOHN (17 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Wanted: Brickmaster Legoland CA kids' tickets

I'm looking for up to three of the Brickmaster free kid's entrance tickets for Legoland-California. (The free-kid-with-adult-purchase tickets from e.g. the Lego magazine won't help). If you have one or more extras you're willing to part with, please (...) (17 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact