 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1739
Re: Old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:59:41 GMT

Thanks John!

Couldn't get the url to work, but I checked the sets by hand.

I gotta admit I must have some small treasures here... never thought
people would want these so bad.

Well, thanks to everyone for your help!

Arjan Brugman
--
abrugman@casema.net

John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote in article
<FDt493.E4E@lugnet.com>...

http://search-completed.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebaycomplete/results.html?que

ry=lego+(462,918,6927,6890,6876,383,608,675.6628,6362,850,8845)&dest=&cobran

dpartner=x&SortProperty=&SortOrder=&maxRecordsPerPage=200&srchdesc=&category

0=&category1=&category2=&category3=&textonly=n&tc=&ht=

   Hi Arjan,
    I am not sure how well this URL will come through, but if you can get
everything I typed above into the address bar as one big word, it will • take
you to a page that gives a good rough estimate of what some of these sets
are worth in various conditions.  Also, the $20 offer - I was kidding, • they
are worth quite a bit more to some of us.
--
   Have fun!

John's Lego AUCTION Page - several sets on auction, more soon!
(6067,6023,4558,8880 ++++ more!)
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/ig88888888/
John's Lego Web TRADE Page - updating it soon!
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
John ( ig88888888@stlnet.com  - same on AOL):
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m
Frank Filz wrote in message ...

Arjan Brugman wrote in message • <01bebdba$dae59bc0$032540d4@dexterbrown>...
John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote in article
<FDsrL4.F6G@lugnet.com>...
Arjan Brugman wrote in message • <01bebdb0$fdce44c0$032540d4@dexterbrown>...
Hey everyone!

   Howdy!

I gotsa question:
I recently started collecting again and rebuilt some of my older • sets.
I'm wondering what these oldies are worth. Here's some:

  Its really hard to say what these different sets are worth - • condition
and
completeness are very big factors.  However, you can assure your • girlfriend
that they are worth something, because I think they are, and if you • like
them, they are worth collecting.  As a matter of fact, I would like • to
get
my hands on a couple of those, and the ones I want aren't very cheap. •  I
would give you $20 for the lot.  :-)  At least.

<nice list of sets snipped>
--
   Have fun!
John's Lego AUCTION Page - several sets on auction, more soon!
(6067,6023,4558,8880 ++++ more!)
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/ig88888888/
John's Lego Web TRADE Page - updating it soon!
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
John ( ig88888888@stlnet.com  - same on AOL):
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m

Hey, thanks for your reply John!

I gotta say though, that my girlfriend won't be impressed with $20
for the lot. In fact, she'll only tell me she was right all along. :)

But seriously, is $20 all these sets are worth? It doesn't matter if
it's just a rough estimate. Just think of this as a fake action. :)

Considering the trade I'm working on for just a single torso from 383, • and
what the things I'm receiving in exchange seem to go for in auctions, • I'd
say 383 by itself is worth at least $20 if the minifigs aren't worn out.

You've got some real treasures here, check out recently finished eBay
auctions, you may be able to get recent auction prices for at least some • of
those sets.

Frank