 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1730
Re: Old sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 01:02:14 GMT

http://search-completed.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebaycomplete/results.html?que
ry=lego+(462,918,6927,6890,6876,383,608,675.6628,6362,850,8845)&dest=&cobran
dpartner=x&SortProperty=&SortOrder=&maxRecordsPerPage=200&srchdesc=&category
0=&category1=&category2=&category3=&textonly=n&tc=&ht=

   Hi Arjan,
    I am not sure how well this URL will come through, but if you can get
everything I typed above into the address bar as one big word, it will take
you to a page that gives a good rough estimate of what some of these sets
are worth in various conditions.  Also, the $20 offer - I was kidding, they
are worth quite a bit more to some of us.
--
   Have fun!

John's Lego AUCTION Page - several sets on auction, more soon!
(6067,6023,4558,8880 ++++ more!)
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/ig88888888/
John's Lego Web TRADE Page - updating it soon!
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
John ( ig88888888@stlnet.com  - same on AOL):
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m
Frank Filz wrote in message ...

Arjan Brugman wrote in message <01bebdba$dae59bc0$032540d4@dexterbrown>...
John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote in article
<FDsrL4.F6G@lugnet.com>...
Arjan Brugman wrote in message • <01bebdb0$fdce44c0$032540d4@dexterbrown>...
Hey everyone!

   Howdy!

I gotsa question:
I recently started collecting again and rebuilt some of my older sets.
I'm wondering what these oldies are worth. Here's some:

  Its really hard to say what these different sets are worth - condition • and
completeness are very big factors.  However, you can assure your • girlfriend
that they are worth something, because I think they are, and if you like
them, they are worth collecting.  As a matter of fact, I would like to • get
my hands on a couple of those, and the ones I want aren't very cheap.  I
would give you $20 for the lot.  :-)  At least.

<nice list of sets snipped>
--
   Have fun!
John's Lego AUCTION Page - several sets on auction, more soon!
(6067,6023,4558,8880 ++++ more!)
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/ig88888888/
John's Lego Web TRADE Page - updating it soon!
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
John ( ig88888888@stlnet.com  - same on AOL):
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m

Hey, thanks for your reply John!

I gotta say though, that my girlfriend won't be impressed with $20
for the lot. In fact, she'll only tell me she was right all along. :)

But seriously, is $20 all these sets are worth? It doesn't matter if
it's just a rough estimate. Just think of this as a fake action. :)

Considering the trade I'm working on for just a single torso from 383, and
what the things I'm receiving in exchange seem to go for in auctions, I'd
say 383 by itself is worth at least $20 if the minifigs aren't worn out.

You've got some real treasures here, check out recently finished eBay
auctions, you may be able to get recent auction prices for at least some of
those sets.

Frank