 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17163
Re: Large variety of Dacta stuff available/looking to see interest/prices people are willing to pay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:17:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Michael Shiels wrote:
   I am working to help a distributor clear out some old warehouse stock, so I am testing the waters to see what people would be interested in/pricing, since a ton of it has not been sold so I have no ideas on pricing, heck LUGNET has no information even on some of these sets!!

Looks like 12 of these have unknown prices in the Lugnet DB (which is always USD). For the sake of the DB, it would be fantastic if you could relay some of the missing information for 9111, 9492, 9611, and 9919, such as Set Name, MSRP (if known in USD, guess probably not), Number of pieces, Type of set (IE Duplo, Toolo, Soft, etc), Number of figures (if any), Year of release. (And if you’re REALLY feeling generous, box top & instruction scans for the images, and heck, a complete inventory for Peeron!)

As for pricing, I guess that depends on how quickly you want to get rid of them, and how many you’re talking about. IE 1’s and 2’s may sell just fine on BrickLink or Ebay (or even via Lugnet Buy/Sell/Trade), but 10’s or 100’s will just sit there, so you may need to reduce the prices by more.

Dacta stuff seems to be pretty rare, so I’d say aim high if selling 1’s and 2’s of sets on BrickLink. Worst case, they don’t sell, and you can reduce the cost. But there’s a good smattering of people who collect Dacta, so you may be in luck there.

For the sake of easy viewing, here’s the list as Lugnet sees it:

    5114 Extra 9 Volt Motor
1 element, 0 figures, US$16, 1991
LEGO > TECHNIC > {Accessories}

    5115 9V Battery Box
1 element, 0 figures, US$11, 1992
LEGO > TECHNIC > {Accessories}

    9021 Medium Set
52 elements, 0 figures, US$165.50, 1998
DACTA > LEGO Soft

    9022 Expansion Set
32 elements, 0 figures, US$97, 1998
DACTA > LEGO Soft

    9023 Brick Activity Set
14 elements, 0 figures, US$30, 2000
DACTA > LEGO Soft

    9030 LEGO EXPLORE Animates
125+ elements, 0 figures, US$68.50, 2003
DACTA > Explore > Explore Imagination

    9067 LEGO DUPLO Basic Brick Runner
119 elements, 2 figures, US$50.50, 1998
DACTA > DUPLO

9111 (Unknown!)

    9132 Community Transport Set
50 elements, 9 figures, US$52, 2004
DACTA > DUPLO > Community

    9203 Tech Machines Set
121 elements, US$105, 2004
DACTA > DUPLO > Toolo

    9255 Small LEGO Basic Set
173 elements, 0 figures, US$22, 1994
DACTA > SYSTEM > BASIC

    9266 Small LEGO Building Plates
6 elements, 0 figures
DACTA > SYSTEM > {Supplemental}

    9274 LEGO Doors and Windows
260 elements, 0 figures, US$28.25, 1998
DACTA > SYSTEM > {Supplemental}

    9305 Rescue Transportation Set
177 elements, 7? figures, US$51, 2003
DACTA > Explore > Explore Together

    9356 DACTA Lego Town Environment
8? figures
DACTA > SYSTEM > Town

    9373 Roadplates
10 elements, 0 figures, US$37, 2003
DACTA > SYSTEM > Town > Supplemental

9492 (Unknown!)

    9535 DUPLO Letters
144 elements, 0 figures, US$57, 2000
DACTA > DUPLO > Tiles

    9540 Early Math Numbers Set
112 elements, 4 figures, US$81, 2004
DACTA > DUPLO

    9541 Early Math Measurement Set
101 elements, 4 figures, US$76, 2004
DACTA > DUPLO

    9542 Early Math Shape and Space Set
132 elements, 0 figures, US$76, 2003
DACTA > DUPLO

9611 (Unknown! “cool pneumatic set”)

    9649 Technology Resource Set
1110 elements, 0 figures, US$55, 2002
DACTA > TECHNIC > Supplemental

    9652 Fun Time Gear Set
27 elements, 0 figures, US$39.50, 1995
DACTA > DUPLO > Early Science & Technology > Gears

    9680 Energy, Work, Power Starter Set
804 elements, 0 figures, US$250, 1999
DACTA > TECHNIC > eLAB

    9719 Robotics Invention System 1.0
727 elements, 0 figures, US$200, 1998
LEGO > MINDSTORMS > {Invention Kit}

    9736 Exploration Mars
156 elements, 0 figures, US$50, 2000
LEGO > MINDSTORMS > Expansion Set

    9780 ROBOLAB Starter Set
1615 elements, US$320, 1999
DACTA > TECHNIC > ROBOLAB > {Building Set}

    9780 ROBOLAB Activity Pack
0 figures, US$25
DACTA > TECHNIC > ROBOLAB > {Literature}

    9808 DUPLO Basic Playtable
0 elements, 0 figures, US$280, 2000
DACTA > DUPLO > Supplemental > {Playtable}

    9816 LEGO DUPLO Numbers & Letters
276 elements, 0 figures, US$42.75
DACTA > DUPLO > Tiles

    9839 Pulleys and Handles
10 elements, 0 figures, US$7
DACTA > DUPLO > Early Science & Technology > Supplemental

    9885 Sound element - 9v
1 element, 0 figures, US$9.25, 1994
DACTA > TECHNIC > Supplemental > 9v

    9917 DCP Sensor Adapter
1 element, 0 figures, US$59
DACTA > TECHNIC > ROBOLAB > Supplemental

9919 (Unknown! “yellow gear box”)

    9929 Plates (Red)
72 elements, 0 figures, 2001
DACTA > SYSTEM > {Supplemental}