 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16057
16056  |  16058
Subject:
Not fixed!! Don't order!! Re: Image error and fix for Re: Dome Car...train by Brick Built Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:48:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Mathis wrote:
   I am very embarrassed to report that 7 copies of the first publication of the streamliner dome car book have serious image formating errors.

To those 7 of you who odered it, I have already purchased and shipped replacement books to you. I think the replacement books should arrive about 2 days after you receive the flawed book. You will not be charged for the replacement nor shipping.

A new version of the book was uploaded at approximate 3:30pm MST on 29 January. So, if you ordered after that time/day, your book should be OK.

I am very sorry about this. I errored in not fully reviewing a revised version of the book after I converted it into PDF format. A previous test-print of an earlier version of the book in PDF format from CafePress had been OK, and I was too confident in the conversion process at the time I announced the book to you here.

I’d like to thank everyone who has bought the book. This has become quite more of an experiment and experience than I thought it would be. I’m very sorry some of you ended up as “testers”.

later,

James “egg on his face” Mathis

PLEASE DON’T ORDER ANY BOOKS!

The problem looks to still not be fixed!!

I’m working on the fix with CafePress as fast as I can. The new book I uploaded looked fine in PDF format on my computer, but the printed book I just received today is screwed up just like the last one.

I am very sorry.

later,

James Mathis