 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13078
Re: Inquiring as to the value of a collection of Legos. (Tried posting on the appraisals, but failed.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:00:16 GMT

I think you might do better to part the collection out, if getting good
market value is a factor.  You said "collecting dust", and if you mean this
literally it is not much fun to have to wash lego -- so despite condition
otherwise, that could be a problem for a buyer.  I would tend to think that
no one is going to pay collector value for sets that are missing elements,
have no boxes or instructions, etc.  Off hand, you may find someone who will
pay a per pound price for this, maybe not a very high price at that (there
are WAY to many variables with your collection as described -- no one could
really know what they were getting.)

-- Hop-Frog