 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 130
Re: Train price check
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:34:55 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote:
Can anyone tell me the going price (US$) for:
4558 Metroliner  Between $150 and $400 (depending on phases of the moon).
4547 Club Car           Between $100 and $250

I presently have two locomotives pulling
seven coaches and would like to expand.

It might sound cynical but It's difficult to explain the huge price
variations from one auction to the next.

I don't think it is difficult to explain.  It all comes down to
timing, basically.

Yeh, phases of the moon.

Mark H.

ps. 4558 went for $150 about 6 months back thru a scandinavian (no spell
checker) auction.