 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 105
Re: Train price check
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:16:57 GMT

Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote:
Can anyone tell me the going price (US$) for:
4558 Metroliner  Between $150 and $400 (depending on phases of the moon).
4547 Club Car    Between $100 and $250

I presently have two locomotives pulling
seven coaches and would like to expand.

It might sound cynical but It's difficult to explain the huge price
variations from one auction to the next.

I don't think it is difficult to explain.  It all comes down to
timing, basically.  If the time when you auction it coincides to a
time when more than one person with deep pocket wants it, you get
more money.  If you auction it at the wrong time, you still get a
decent enough price, but not an outrageous one.

I've never seen a full 4558 go for $150, though.  I'd buy 10 of them
at that price.

I've seen 6086 go for anywhere from $90 to $300+.  Timing.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET