 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1181
Re: FT: 2 5571s for 1 8880
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 06:39:09 GMT

Well, I will only be trading with one person.  I don't WANT more than 1
more 8880, and yes, I DO want to keep as many 5571s as possible ;-)

I offered 2, knowing at selling prices, it would be a good deal, I just
didn't figure on that many people having "extra" 8880s.  Now I have to
figure out who to trade with, based on set condition, and how close they
are to me (i.e. cheapest shipping costs), or whether anyone is willing to
pay the shipping for the 5571s to them (it ran $25 for 2 to Puerto Rico
Insured USPS).  I hate choosing :/

My trades will get tougher - after this trade, I am saving any other 5571s
I don't split for auction, and I will trade 1-for-1 or close to it for
8448s - I want several of those ;-)  I also will trade 1-for-1 or close to
it for 5591.

Mike Stanley wrote:

Tom Stangl, VFAQman <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote:
Well, wow.  Didn't expect that.  I come back from Legoland, and have like 5
people willing to trade.

OK, so anyone who has emailed me about this, I will get back to you today
or tomorrow.  Right now, I am fighting a MAJOR headache, and can't think
about it.

Dunno about anyone else, but I would look at the relative value of the
sets, with the 5571 being figured not at the awesome clearance price
you got but rather at its retail price.  Even figuring the 8880 at
$200 or so, which is what it usually seems to fetch, makes it an easy
trade for 2 $140 sets, especially for what I would assume is an extra
8880.

I know *I'd* much rather have 10 5571s than 5 8880s.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/