 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 136
135  |  137
Subject:
What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 05:43:07 GMT

I am sort of groping for the correct name of this part. I think it is
originally a Fabuland part.

I KNOW 6097 has it in black. What else does?

Part of my problem is that this isn't an official part in LDraw yet. I have
an unofficial version someone was kind enough to post and in that it's called:
'Container Pot 3 x 3 x 1.75 w/ Handles'

Also part of my problem is that the part isn't linked in within Peeron. You
can see the part in the 6097 inventory:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6097

right in the first line

'Black    2 x 2 Cauldron  '(1)

But note how it doesn't have a part number and thus isn't clickable.

Also part of my problem is that Brickbay Catalog isn't all that aware of it
either...

(Sybrand Bosema went crazy and put a lot of Fabuland stuff in the catalog,
thanks a LOT for that, it must have been tres hard work...) but this part
http://www.brickbay.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=fabeh5
called Fabuland Cauldron is NOT it.

(just to confirm what I am talking about, it gets added in substep 3 of page
44 of the 6097 instructions...
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6097/6097-44.html )

So I guess this is a two part question...

DOES anyone know of other sets that have this part?
IS there a way to get Peeron to cross ref on unpartnumbered parts? Searching
on Cauldron gets you zippo, not even 6097

No, actually, a three part question which is why I included cad.dat

HAS the part gone official yet? Or is the unofficial I have the best so far?

No, four part question...

DOES anyone have any they want to sell? Well, never mind that part, you will
see a m.bst post about that.

No, actually a five part question which is why I included
market.brickshops... (2)

IS it in the Brickbay catalog? I looked under minifig utensil and under
fabuland but may have missed it. Just searching on cauldron gets you zippo
here too.

As usual, FUT what you think feels right, I didn't set any, but I watch
everything, just about, so I'll find your reply, gentle reader. Probably at
least one of these groups should not have been included. Or not.

1 - note that I think 2x2 is sort of a misnomer, it fits on a 2x2 plate but
takes up way more space than that. But technically we don't name parts by
their envelope, at least not usually. So I guess really, the unofficial part
name is wrong(er?)

2 - the people who were responsible for question part 4 have been sacked. We
sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.

++Lar