 Administrative / Database / 1327
Re: What sets have the "witches cauldron" or "fabuland Pot"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 04:30:00 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
I am sort of groping for the correct name of this part. I think it is
originally a Fabuland part.

I KNOW 6097 has it in black. What else does?

Part of my problem is that this isn't an official part in LDraw yet. I • have
an unofficial version someone was kind enough to post and in that it's • called:
'Container Pot 3 x 3 x 1.75 w/ Handles'

Also part of my problem is that the part isn't linked in within Peeron. • You
can see the part in the 6097 inventory:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6097

right in the first line

'Black    2 x 2 Cauldron  '(1)

But note how it doesn't have a part number and thus isn't clickable.

Also part of my problem is that Brickbay Catalog isn't all that aware of • it
either...

(Sybrand Bosema went crazy and put a lot of Fabuland stuff in the catalog,
thanks a LOT for that, it must have been tres hard work...) but this part
http://www.brickbay.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=fabeh5
called Fabuland Cauldron is NOT it.

I have no idea why they called that a cauldron.  It looks more like a teapot
(teakettle to some) and is most definitely not a cauldron!  Especially not
with that spout sticking out the front of it.  Perhaps an alteration of it's
name should be proposed?

(just to confirm what I am talking about, it gets added in substep 3 of • page
44 of the 6097 instructions...
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6097/6097-44.html )

That's definitely a cauldron.  I think sometimes we are getting lost with
regards to what a part actually looks like.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde