 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 135
Re: Brickbay Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:09:10 GMT

Eric Smith <eric@northcomp.com> wrote in message
news:GKr5u1.J7s@lugnet.com...
We recently tripled the available memory in the machine and you
should have seen a good performance improvement. We are also
planning to add another machine to further improve performance.
Hey , that's the good news !

Ofcourse we didn't (nor couldn't) expect something like this
from Interland ... Eric IS ONE OF US in the end !

Thanks for a great job !
(we shouldn't forget our guru - Dan  :-)   )

---
Enjoy !

Dejan & Nives
Lugnet #595
Brickbay: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Dejan969

Here's an update re: the T-1 line where Brickbay lives. Ameritech showed • up
a few minutes ago and checked the SmartJack that connects the router and
"modem" to the outside line. The tech and I both saw lots of red lights
indicating that the card was receiving a "blast" of errors. The technician
is going to check the underground vault that connects the T-1 to the fiber
running to the central office and will be coming back after the rain stops
to check/replace the jack on the outside of the house.

You may be seeing some more outages until the problem is resolved, but I
will continue to post updates to this site. Thanks for your patience, and • be
aware that I will do everything to keep Brickbay up and running. We • recently
tripled the available memory in the machine and you should have seen a • good
performance improvement. We are also planning to add another machine to
further improve performance.

If you have questions about this or other sites hosted at Northstar • Computer
Systems, feel free to e-mail me for more information.

Eric Smith