 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 130
129  |  131
Subject:
Brickbay Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:46:49 GMT

Here's an update re: the T-1 line where Brickbay lives. Ameritech showed up
a few minutes ago and checked the SmartJack that connects the router and
"modem" to the outside line. The tech and I both saw lots of red lights
indicating that the card was receiving a "blast" of errors. The technician
is going to check the underground vault that connects the T-1 to the fiber
running to the central office and will be coming back after the rain stops
to check/replace the jack on the outside of the house.

You may be seeing some more outages until the problem is resolved, but I
will continue to post updates to this site. Thanks for your patience, and be
aware that I will do everything to keep Brickbay up and running. We recently
tripled the available memory in the machine and you should have seen a good
performance improvement. We are also planning to add another machine to
further improve performance.

If you have questions about this or other sites hosted at Northstar Computer
Systems, feel free to e-mail me for more information.

Eric Smith