 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1343
  Regarding Bricklink Utilities

Hi All, As I was laboring under extreme heat and humidity outdoors, my mind drifted to LEGO. Bricklink in particular. Every month I spend a few hours just trying to optimize my Bricklink orders. That is, given a list of items I'm looking to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Regarding Bricklink Utilities

(...) I think it's a great idea. This feature could be combined with the Bricklink wishlist. One problem I have with the wishlist is having several LEGO projects going simultaneously. My wishlist contains certain pieces that I want right now and (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Regarding Bricklink Utilities

(...) I think Shaun's list of desired functionality is way too much to ask for (largely because shipping costs are going to be very tricky to calculate, since some of them are based on actual cost, and others are calculated based on quantity/weight (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Regarding Bricklink Utilities

(...) A good place to start is with an application already written: BrikTrak (URL) is an awesome piece of software! As a BL seller, I use it almost daily. I have not ever used it to create wanted lists, but it does have that functionality. On a fast (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Regarding Bricklink Utilities

(...) Bricklink already has that level of functionality built in (though it's not directly linked to Peeron inventories like BT is), and I couldn't find any BrikTrak feature listing that suggested it would be able to assemble orders for you based on (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping)

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:I137sJ.1I0v@lugnet.com... (...) for.... (...) daily. (...) should be (...) Also, BrikTrak *kinda* has some of the functionality described - on a simple level anyway. As Kevin mentioned, you (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Regarding Bricklink Utilities

(...) Optimal cost is, I'm sure, a very difficult problem (probably NP-complete). But even ignoring shipping costs would be a good place to start. Minimizing the number of stores reduces shipping cost. It may not the absolutely lowest cost, but it's (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)