 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1080 (-10)
  Re: Brickshops and Taxes???

(...) Sure, I mean I can write off all kinds of stuff. But what does money earned from something like this qualify as? Capital gains? Wages and tips? Other income on Schedule SE? I guess, I'd like to hear how other people are handling this. If you (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Brickshops and Taxes???

they key word there is "profits" and that does not mean that if you buy something for $1 and sell it for $2, you made $1 in profit....the rules of accounting allow you to deduct a lot of stuff if you are running a business....such as the gas to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Brickshops and Taxes???

I'm no tax expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I believe Lego profits are taxable as capital gains if you don't treat your brickshop as a business (and I called the IRS to confirm this when I had the exact same question a few years (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Brickshops and Taxes???

(...) Are you treating your Lego sales like a business? You would do that on Schedule C, listing all your expenses and revenues. Otherwise, it's non-taxable money, just as the profit from a garage sale would be. In other words, don't tell Uncle Sam. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Brickshops and Taxes???

So I've been working on my taxes to Uncle Sam at the last minute and I'm a bit puzzled on what to do with Bricklink and Ebay profits. How is everyone fililng these funds? As what? Under what category? I am completely lost but I'd like to do this (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Insectoid theme sale this week 10% off at Lasting Toys on BrickLink

The second in our theme based weekly sales. Have fun with your LEGO! (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  'Spring Cleaning' Sale...

Hi. I have had recent success in sales in my shop, and have done pretty well overall. Not everything in my shop has sold, and there are a couple of items that I would like to be gone. Clearance Sets are: 6713 Grip N Go Challenge, was selling at my (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  1x1s for a penny! Other parts added soon

I have been trying to shrink my collection in preparation for a move. Almost 30,000 1x1s tend to take up a lot of space ;-) I have added 1x1s of various colors in bulk lots of 1000 at $.01/pc. Watch my store over the next week or 2, I will be adding (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Yet More Train Stuff / Sopwith Camels

Hello Train Afficionados! I've just added the following from set #4534 to my inventory: * Blue passenger wagons ($25 each, 2 in stock) - each of these has 14 of the 2 x 3 train windows in blue (with glass!). * Black steam locomotive w/tender kit (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  “Space Madness” Sale! at my Bricklink store

Until further notice, all space sets are 15% off in my shop, Bob's Sets for Sale: (URL) free to window shop! (or is that browser shop?) Thanks for looking! - Bob (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact