 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1077
Re: Brickshops and Taxes???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 00:20:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Sun Yun writes:
So I've been working on my taxes to Uncle Sam at the last minute and I'm a
bit puzzled on what to do with Bricklink and Ebay profits.

How is everyone fililng these funds?  As what?  Under what category?

I am completely lost but I'd like to do this right.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

sun

Are you treating your Lego sales like a business? You would do that on
Schedule C, listing all your expenses and revenues.

Otherwise, it's non-taxable money, just as the profit from a garage sale
would be.

In other words, don't tell Uncle Sam.

Paul Sinasohn
Former CPA staff person