 Marketplace / Auctions / 9556
  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) I've had it happen to me and I've done it before also. Once with just 1 second left. Now, no flames, I'm just playing the E-Bay game like a lot of others. I may not like it, but to win, sometimes you have to play just as dirty as others. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) I concur--the fact that "sniping" can work at all suggests that the "sniped" bidder was withholding a higher bid in hope of scoring a deal; after all, one's bid is nominally the amount that one is willing to pay for the item, and if one it (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) All you can determine is that the sniper's bid is $1 higher than your current max bid. Personally, I just bid what I want to bid for the item. I may re-evaluate later, but most times I bid up front. Of course this does give the sniper the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) Oh, duh! I forgot about that--I've been off of ebay for a while... Dave! (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)