 Marketplace / Auctions / 8581
Re: boostyourbids? Is this common
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:08:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Never come across this before.
Is this common?

I saw this auction for a 4558
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1622917627

And noticed the current bid was from boostyourbids.

I clicked on 'ME' and got the following

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/boostyourbids/

Cant help wondering if he is 'pushing' too high though on a 4558.
Though in spite of the Legend reintroduction, a 'real' 4558 will still command • a premium I guess

regards
lawrence

That's disgusting.  I am appalled.  How can that be legal, or even allowed by
eBay?  Is this sort of thing legal in normal auction houses?

-Jason Spears

Deliberate manipulation is verboten on ebay and I would hope that user will
not be around long, especially if their actions follow their stated
intentions.  The user's account is only a day old and already this has been
reported to ebay's safeharbor investigation people.  Never heard of someone
soliciting money to perform it as a service but I suppose it happens.  Why
on earth though would you advertise the fact on your about me page for
everyone to see, especially other buyers who could then simply avoid
auctions you are involved in.  Nominate this fella for a stupid criminal
award....

John