 Marketplace / Auctions / 8589
Re: boostyourbids? Is this common
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:07:47 GMT

It's getting to be too common, but it is definately not allowed.  Here is
what I got back from Ebay:

Hello,

Thank you for writing eBay.

After reviewing the information that you have provided, we have
determined that the about me page was in violation of our guidelines.
The about me page has been removed from eBay and the member is no longer
a registered user.

In lugnet.market.auction, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Never come across this before.
Is this common?

I saw this auction for a 4558
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1622917627

And noticed the current bid was from boostyourbids.

I clicked on 'ME' and got the following

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/boostyourbids/

Cant help wondering if he is 'pushing' too high though on a 4558.
Though in spite of the Legend reintroduction, a 'real' 4558 will still command • a premium I guess

regards
lawrence

That's disgusting.  I am appalled.  How can that be legal, or even allowed by
eBay?  Is this sort of thing legal in normal auction houses?

-Jason Spears