 Marketplace / Auctions / 8497
Re: "6067" Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:20:34 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Damian Garcia writes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1616446818

Was this misleading or what?  Given the photo's it is obvious what the
product is, but it sure seems like a misleading description.  Is it me or
does it look as if these bags *have* in fact been opened?  I don't know if
any of the 10000's were shipped with only 1 horse, but it looks as if the
loose black plates were placed in the bag the white horse originally came
in, and the printed horse was replaced with the plain one.  Seems like
crafty use of a Eurosealer to me.

   Well, that's not the only one to make use of ambiguity to
   drive the price up:

   http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1616569628

   It says "Guarded Inn", gives no number in the title; it's obvious
   from the graphic, of course, that it's a 10000, but in the in-text
   keywords is "6067."  That's not quite so bad, IMHO, but confusion
   could ensue.  Looking up 10000 lego, of course, gives nothing.

   best

   LFB