 Marketplace / Auctions / 8485
Re: "6067" Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 05:09:13 GMT

To All,

I just love these auctions. I always have a problem, who is the bigger fool,
th eone who buys it for 47.99 + shipping or the fool selling it? Ach, people
need to do better job looking at these auctions, especially the description,
one paragraph, "sealed, the bags are not opened, the instructions are
perfect, never been opened. etc."

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1616446818

I don't know about the bag...can't really tell from the pics.

If it is, it might be a second run after the error of horse. Still seems
pretty chessy to me.

I do highly
doubt that this seller got the ONLY GI with the correct horse packaged IN
the set.

He might have, I got mine Friday, I got the white horse in it's own bag.

And no box? On a brand new set? Did the seller buy the set JUST to
get a nice box? Maybe he is going to package an original GI in the new box
or something...

Weird. Smells like a con.

I do have a major problem with the overall auction. Header with the original
set number, pic of the 10000 instructions. Something WAY fishy going on
here. I just hope the buyer really knows what they are getting.

I doubt it. A fool and his money are soon parted. Oh well, sad, but it
happens. I can't wait to see the Metroliner ones coming out!

Scott "Brickfest.. maybe next year" S.