 Marketplace / Auctions / 8253
Re: Question On E-bay Bidder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 15:32:03 GMT

To All,

Thanks for the cite, Matthew!

Indeed. I read this over last night.

In lugnet.market.auction, Matthew Gerber writes:
The answer:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sellerguide/feedback.html

The text:
You can make your feedback private or public. You will find that your
Feedback Profile is a valuable asset at eBay, helping you earn the trust and
respect of fellow eBay participants. By making your Feedback Profile
private, you may be jeopardizing other eBay participants' desire to conduct
business with you.

But not their *ability* to do so. :-) You gotta love eBay. It would be nice
if sellers could choose to not accept bids from buyers with private
feedback. Buyers can choose not to bid on auctions run by sellers, but
sellers cannot choose to not accept bids from all who appear. To this free
marketeer, that's just wrong.

Yes, I think it is a little suspicious. I am too nice a person sometimes,
and I don't put limits on 0 rating bidders, and one or two negatives are not
too big of concern, if they do have positive ones. This bidder is about 3
times higher negative than positive, and I have to e-mail this person so I
can see his feedback, which is not fair to sellers at all. He of course has
not responded yet. What a horrible concept!

Scott S.