 Marketplace / Auctions / 7436
Re: eBay searcher?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:28:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Wilson writes:
Kyle Keppler wrote in message ...
I was just thinking about how great it would to have a program or script or
bot that allows you to enter around 50 *different* search terms, searches
eBay's lego listings, and then emails you the results once daily.  I don't
know much about programming, but this doesn't seem like a very complicated
task.  This idea came to me today because I got tired of entering each set • #
separately and each set name separately when I was searching eBay for

I don't know about a program to do this, but you can enter several sets
directly in the eBay search box, like this:

lego* (6444,6580,6086)

The comma separated list inside the parens acts as 6444 OR 6580 OR 6086.
Then you just bookmark that search and you can go back to it any time you
like. I don't know whether you can enter a search like this into eBay's
Personal Shopper service, which emails finds to you.

Kevin

And, however you format your searches, you can also save them the same way
you save any other internet link you return to often.

John