 Marketplace / Auctions / 6968
Re: Buy The Brick: A Full Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:28:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.auction, Sean Harrington writes:
Buy the Brick: A Price Guide for Complete Lego Sets
by Steve Waibel

Review by Sean Harrington, harrington@macgenius.com

<snip.. go read it. its good.>
Sean Harrington

I have to say, even thoa it may come off as somewhat negative, this is a great
review.  Sean really does a nice evaluation.  I was wondering myself whether
this is something I might want to buy.  I have been looking for LEGO collectable
books whenever I go to antique/collectible shops or fairs, and haven't ever
found one.  This is the kind of information that makes Lugnet so valuable.  (Ok,
so maybe I should join now?)  Anyway, just wanted to say "Good job" to Sean, and
thanks.  (In case, you didn't read the review itself, it convinced me not to buy
the "Buy the Brick" guide.)

I have a new idea about such guides:  wouldn't it be neat if TLC produced (or
commissioned) a book listing all the sets they produced, the MSRP, and the
retail sales figures for each of them?  They could potentially do the same thing
Steve did and research the current aftermarket price of all their sets.  But if
the book included tons of original LEGO artwork (covers, scenes from
instructions, catalogue scenes) then it could be quite fun.  LMKWYT.

-Alfred