 Marketplace / Auctions / 6921
Re: "Buy The Brick"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 23:22:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Steve sent me a solicitation and then sent me an Adobe Acrobat version when
I asked not to be spammed. I think his effort is honest and is worth the
money. It looks good too.

Now for a mini-review:
The guide contains 11 pages of set values in US dollars (the set number,
name, low, high, and 'price'), a few paragraphs on guide usage, which
explains that 'price' is what you should expect to pay for the set, a
feature article with an AFOL, 7 pages of sets by theme and their price, an
article about current trends and a word find contest to win a year's free
subscription. It's all very nicely done.

The prices appear a little high in some cases and low in others, but this is
just my opinion, unlike the volume of data Steve has amassed to put his
newsletter together. Some sets like Fabuland don't have enough datapoints to
be useful (low, high and price are the same) and there's some minor mistakes
in the 'by theme' area; for instance, 'Monorail Accessories' lists 6347 but
not 6921 (which is listed under Futuron instead). I'm sure Steve will
correct these errors in future issues.

I'd like to see more datapoints per set: like Used and New instead of Price.
And, as prices change over time, I'd like to see the trend of which sets are
perceived as less valuable, and which more, and by how much.

I'd like to encourage Steve and not chastise him too badly for his choice of
announcing his product. Now that he can post messages, no telling what he'll
be able to bring to Lugnet.

Cary

"Steve Waibel" <djjarrett88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
Honestly I did not know how to post on here until tonight.  I never really
read the message groups until recently.  Thanks for understanding.
In lugnet.market.auction, Joakim Olsson writes:
Steve Waibel wrote in message ...
If I have offended anyone I am sorry.  I never retrieved one email • address
from LUGNET, the best site on the web.  I retrieved your email address
from ebay to test the response to my price guide.  It was a one time • thing
that I did manually.  I will be posting the guide on ebay in dutch • auction
format this week.  I thought people would be interested in my guide
because it has helped me a great deal.  I never thought I was doing
wrong, boy was I WRONG.  I have spent hundreds of hours and many
dollars to produce the guide and I was getting nervous about it.  I • guess I
get spammed everyday, I just never think about it.  I guess it is
bothersome.  Anyone who I have offended can email me and I will • send
them an on screen version of  the price guide free of charge and free • of
future emails.

Don't worry. As i stated earlier I did not get offended, your post was
helpfull and had a "personal touch".
My inbox certainly have space for you and others who want to share a • great
idea or discussion regarding Lego.
But it would probably have been a better idea to post it here or in • another
group related to the subject.

/Joakim, 491