 Marketplace / Auctions / 6885
Re: ebay seller ID
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 01:00:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Roaming around ebay looking for item x, I began wishing that there was an easy
way to check and see if the seller is a member or at least a regular poster at
Lugnet.  I always feel more secure buying from people that hangout here.  Some
sellers' IDs I know  and some have links to Lugnet in their "me" pages.  I
regularly check out these sellers' offerings because it has been my experience
that everything they offer is as they state or more often even better.  I
would love to see a list of Lugnet ebay sellers' IDs for the mutual benefit of
us all.  All who wish to unmask please reply post here.

I haven't started to sell, but many folks know me from finding I have already
bid on an item they want...

I don't feel the need to hide, so my ID almost anytime I can get it is ffilz (I
have been unable to get this only once or twice because someone else already
has it). I learned early on in my on-line involvement that one can get much
more out of being on-line if you don't hide your identity. That doesn't mean a
handle isn't worthwhile sometimes. I learned this on a on-line chat system we
had in college. It had a neat setup where you could identify an "identity" file
(the equivalent of a UNIX .plan file) which was viewable by others. Shortly
after initiating this feature, there was usually an invitation only chat
channel where you would be quickly invited to if you shared your identity. The
event which really convinced me of the value of this was when one of the folks
announced that they were making a big pot of pea soup and wanted help consuming
it. I got a chance to meet some neat folks I might not otherwise have met.

Another time when I got some benefit of this was when I moved down to North
Carolina from Massachusetts. I was active in the Pascal forum on Fidonet, and
had announced I would be offline for a while until I could get hooked up again
with a Fidonet BBS. Shortly after moving in, I found a Fidonet BBS and
announced my return, and received several: "Wow, that was quick! Glad to have
you back." messages.

On the subject of buying from Lugnetters, I must say that as far as I know,
most of the sellers I put in my "best seller" list are not Lugnetters (though
one did start poking around on at least RTL to get more education on what they
were selling).

Frank