 Marketplace / Auctions / 6891
Re: ebay seller ID
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:46:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Roaming around ebay looking for item x, I began wishing that there was an easy
way to check and see if the seller is a member or at least a regular poster at
Lugnet.  I always feel more secure buying from people that hangout here.  Some
sellers' IDs I know  and some have links to Lugnet in their "me" pages.

I did this a while back when I borrowed an image. I linked to lugnet.com,
rather than what was pause. There was some angry debate on at the time and I
got grief from a "mom" about it. I was never sure what the upsetting post was -
but i think it was the "my god is better than your god" thread. Now I only
supply a link to the image page - It is rare that I do use a LUGNET image, and
I only link as a coutesy to Todd.

Anyone who sells LEGO on ebay gets just general info questions from people
asking general questions about LEGO (“where can I get instructions?” Or “Which
set do I have?” type stuff). When I reply it is usually with a link to LUGNET -
here is the last one I did (12.09.00):

It is hard for me to get instructions without at set number, The only rally
van I have is this one:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/5000/5550/

However there is also a rally support truck:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8850/

You can search for sets here by name or number:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/

Most sets over 3 years old have links to instruction scans.

The above site is part of www.lugnet.com, which is a lego discussion forum. It
is quite a good site, but a small minority of the posts may not really
suitable for children (in my opinion).

Good luck with your hunt.

The "in my opinion" is just so people can be sure I'm not telling them how to
bring up their kids. All us grown ups have to remember that LEGO is a kids
toy, so kids may read the posts here.

Scott A

regularly check out these sellers' offerings because it has been my experience
that everything they offer is as they state or more often even better.  I
would love to see a list of Lugnet ebay sellers' IDs for the mutual benefit of
us all.  All who wish to unmask please reply post here.

tia!
sheree