 Marketplace / Auctions / 6827
Re: It's not cold feet, it's bid shielding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 02:03:54 GMT

Hey all

I wrote to Armin (Diablo).  My e-mail to him follows and his answer to me is
after that. (yes I got his permission to post it to LUGnet)

(Mine)
Diablo

I was going to bid on this until I saw it at $810.  I do not know what you
can do, but IMHO, I think you were ripped off.  Report it to safe harbor I
guess.

The bid retraction occurred 10 minutes prior to the end and he never re-bid
his $310.

Also note, the winner is CDK3, the retraction is lpucsd, but if you check
his history at
<http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserEmail&requested=lpucsd>
It started as cdkvu, coincidence, I think not.

I do not know if you can cancel the sale or not, but I would, check with
eBay first.

Thanx,

Mark Millère

(Armin's)
Dear all

I am convinced that all of us where tricked by the "high bidder" CDK3.

Here I would like to thank all of you that wrote me after the end of my
auction to tell me about the very strange cicumstances of this "bid
retraction" and user ID ( I was quite impressed by the reactions ).

As the winner of this auction is not anymore a registered user of eBay
strange ?! ) I decided to not complete the trade with this guy. Feel free
to send all your "thank you" to cuongvu@netzero.net who did not dare to send
me this mail after

.Hello,

I was so lucky to be the winner of the airport shuttle 6399 at the price • of 232.50. Please confirm with me that the set is in brand new
condition with no missing part, and please let me know shippling condition • so I can send my payment. Could you please pack my set so that
it won't be broken during shippling and that the box won't show up since I • want to have a surprise for my kid??? Thanks,

CV

As I already have to pay fees for this auction ( including the fees for the
"winning" bid of this cheater ) I would like to offer you the opportunity to
place ONE email offer on the MISB 6399. I already received offers from some
of you ( which were quite temptating ) but would like to give all of you the

chance to paticipate and to send me an email with the amount of money you
are willing to spend for this item. It would be very kind of you - in case
you are not interested anymore - if you could also inform me about that.

I will wait until I received an offer from everyone of you / or at least
until friday.

I know this is quite strange but I would not like to spend another 2 weeks
and even more money to give this very rare set to a real and worhty
collector. I hope you will find this ( premiere ) acceptable - I did never
had to act like this and I hope this will not happen again in future !!!

Best regards
Armin "diablo!" Jaeger

Thank you for your quick answer.
As for the refund : I did this once (becaus of an dead bidder ), but this is
quite complicated and takes a lot of time.
Feel free to post my mail on LUGnet. I really hope that this helps other
sellers and bidders to handle a similar situation.

Best regards
Armin

--
Thanx