 Marketplace / Auctions / 6807
Re: Talk About Inflation!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:45:47 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Bob Parker writes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=446464962
I would think that the bidder thinks it's a different set but... amazingly, 4
different bidders went over $20 for it. Sometimes, I can't figure out the
logic

Here's another case:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=448359420
These four sets are available at S@H for $5.00 each which equals
$20+shipping.  I guess that's the nature of auctions.

Yes it is. I notice that this high bidder has a feedback of 0, so maybe this
seller will not get his money.  Something similar happened to me once when I
was auctioning off some instructions only.
My description clearly stated the auction was for the instructions only and no
pieces were included. The bid went up to around $20 (it was for boulder cliff
canyon Indian set, IIRC).  After the high bidder didin't respond to my first
email I emailed again and got a response from the high bidder's parent who
stated the kid forgot to pay and would shortly. I informed the parent that the
kid bid a lot of money on instructions only and asked if he really wanted to
pay that much. He said he would make his kid pay out of his allowance and talk
to him about honoring his agreements, being more careful about reading
description, etc.
I guess the kid learned a lesson.  I'm glad there are parents out there like
this who are willing to help/make their kids learn from their mistakes and not
just blow off their responsibilities. (I felt a little sorry for te kid
though. He was out $20!)

BEN GATRELLE