 Marketplace / Auctions / 6656
Re: eBay as a venue (was Re: FA : 6399 Airport shuttle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:42:00 GMT

In article <G0tu7F.L00@lugnet.com>, limerickpa@usa.net (Scott Runkle)
wrote:

Oh, dear!.. Finally, Blanpain family is on the ebay fronts, too. A sad
day for lovers of private auctions/haters of ebay, like me..:-(

Comments about 'hating eBay' have always made me laugh.  Users of eBay
in
effect have their own private auction, but with protection built in for
the
buyers as well.  Certainly criticisms can be made about eBay not being
a true
auction venue - there is a defined finished date & time (allows
sniping), etc,
etc, etc.

I personally am very skeptical over private auctions because they
afford me no
protection or guarantees as a buyer.  This is not to say that they are
not
good for other people, as I have seen many of these run through Lugnet.

Scott Runkle
http://members.fcc.net/runkle/

Hear Hear

Michael Pratt