 Marketplace / Auctions / 5833
Re: Weird Email Concerning eBay Fraud
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 21:51:45 GMT

Richard Marchetti schreef:

Hey Y'all:

Has anyone else ever received a notice from: stopfraud@eBay.com?  I don't know
why, but receiving such a notice by email feels pointedly UN-official and
cheap.  A cursory look at eBay's Safe Harbor area doesn't yield this email
address either.  Is that a legitimate address?

Check the email header...
If the original point is from a machine from ebay, it's official. If it's
not from the eBay domain, it's most likely faked.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com