 Marketplace / Auctions / 483
Re: eBay: Lego police stations, Motorcycle Shop, Aquazone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 05:24:39 GMT

6386 Police Command Base
        All pieces, no instructions, stickers, nor box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=55782500

6373 Motorcycle Shop
        All pieces, no instructions, stickers, nor box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=55787065

No instructions or stickers, huh? :-) <devlish grin> Are these "newly
created" set instances, referencing the thread we had going a while back
about what made a set a set?

Wow...leave the newsgroup alone for 24 hours, and look what happens!
:)  Wish I had that kind of response to my "ID this piece" posts. :)
Both sets (and a couple of forthcoming ones) are from an auction find,
so I put them together from the pieces I had. While I suppose it's
possible that the set really didn't exist and I mistook the pieces for
that set, the box came up pretty empty once I was done.

Now, with the motorcycle shop, coming by a red and blue cycle is non
trivial but most everything else is obtainable. With the police command

Yeah--that's what tipped me off to the box containing the motorcycle
shop.

base, everything is in at least one other set, no?

<Adam goes through the instructions for awhile> Yeah, you're right; I
didn't realize that. Looks like the land version of the Pier Police.
What other set has the two white "garage door" girders with the groove?

Adam

bwappo@ee.net