 Marketplace / Auctions / 446
Re: Wheels and Tires from 5571 anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 07:18:33 GMT

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999 04:51:29 GMT, "Barry McFarland" <mcfarlandcj@home.com> wrote:

Ok.
So who's got the wheels and tires from 5571 for sale or trade?  I thought there
would be a rash of auctions or sales of parts from these.

Barry

Heh, just be patient. :)  I spent a good bit of time over New Year's Eve doing
an inventory of the 5571.  In fact, I just finished entering all the data into
an Excel spreadsheet and was pleasantly surprised to find my piece count come
out to EXACTLY 1743 pieces, which is the number posted on LUGNET.  I had two
reasons for doing the inventory, one was to upload it to LUGNET for others to
use, and the other was to make a parts auction easier on myself.  I'm planning
a Parts auction with 4-5 copies of 5571 (or at least whats left after I take
out what I want).  There will be tires and hubs in it (though some will be
reserved for a pending trade).  Things I'll be keeping include the 1x16 black
beams, most of the slopes, some tiles, plates & bricks, and probably the train
windows and doors (not sure on those yet).  It will be similiar in format to
an AucZILLA auction, without the automation.  If I have time I may try and add
a web-based update, and if I have more time a web-based form entry for bids.
It's been ages since I did an auction by hand (I've been using eBay for the
last year or so), let alone a piece auction, but eBay isn't really suited
to large numbers of small lots.  If anyone has any suggestions for lot sizes
or such, feel free to email me.  If you want to be put on the mailing list
now just let me know.

Since I'm discussing an auction I'll set followups to .auction.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |