 Marketplace / Auctions / 4437
Re: [FA] - eBay -Custom Hopper in last days, 4536
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:57:50 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38A4D508.EF800A32@voyager.net>...

[ ...snipped ... ]

PS... don't plan on sniping this one. The auction end time is during an
eBay scheduled maintenance period. You're better off with fire and
    forget bids.

Doesn't this essentially move the ending time of the auction up to when ever
eBay starts their scheduled maintenance?  As I recall, eBay scheduled
maintenance is from 12:00 AM until 5:00 AM (Pacific Time) on Fridays.  I
would think that someone could snipe at 11:59:59 PM on Thursday and achieve
the same result.

Am I missing something?

Well, I THINK it doesn't start exactly at 12:00:00.00000 but instead at
a somewhat random time which is fairly close but not exactly that time.
So a sniper has to "guess lucky" or his snipe may be too late (or,
tactically, too early).

But I could be wrong. If it starts precisely and predictably then it
does no good.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!