 Marketplace / Auctions / 4126
Re: Jan-Albert's small MISB sets auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:54:57 GMT

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:

Haven't recieved any reactions so far...

Am I asking an unfair price?
Auction rules not good?
Or just the wrong sets?

Wrong forum.  You need to put the sets on Ebay.

I was trying to get away from Ebay with this small auction for a few
reasons :

- I've had some deals go bad (cancelled bids, never heard from highest
bidder etc)
- Ebay jacks up prices too high, and I'd rather make a real collector happy
(He who does well, meets well or something along those lines ;-)
- For me, Ebay is VERY expensive (non-US, so I need to pay exchange costs,
and to put up $4 sets the entry fee already takes off a big percentage.
Also unless your start price is REALLY low, usually you won't get much bids
and I wasn't planning on losing money on these sets)

I thought, specially after some rants about Ebay, people would enjoy a
small auction like this. Guess I was wrong...
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com